The original Lake View
house was constructed circa 1850 and associated farm buildings circa 1857. The
project involved comprehensive renovations and extensions to the main
homestead. Spaces associated with the shearing shed known as “The Loft” were
converted to guest accommodation.
This two-storey understated Georgian
style residence has been completely renovated inside and out. The existing roof
& verandah have been replaced while the original pressed metal ceilings on
the ground floor, matchboard ceiling of the upper storey and interior staircase
have been restored and retained. The new extension is sympathetic in style
& provides the necessary service facilities including a generous country
style kitchen. The result of this major undertaking is that “Lake View” is now
a magnificent example of its era.